It is located at Pollachi. It was built by group of people
who were living in Valliarachal (80 km from Pollachi). Formation
of this temple is due to the theft of statue of their family God
(Arulmigu Alagunachiamman) on the river side of Pollachi. So they
selected a brick, placed it in the same place and built a small
temple. Now this temple was rebuilt in the year 2002.
Sulakkal Mariamman Thirukoil
This temple is located on Coimbatore - Pollachi road, 32 kms from
Ukkadam. ‘Sulakkal’ was near the dense forest.
The inhabitants of Sulakkal and other villages nearby usually
send their domestic animals to the forest for their feed. One
villager’s cow alone was not yielding milk all of a sudden.
On suspicion, one day he followed his cow to the forest. He noticed
that his cow was shedding milk on the Sand-Hill. When he approached
the cow it started running and got its feet hit by the Sand-Hill.
Much to his surprise he saw blood oozing out from the Sand-Hill.
On the very same day Goddess appeared in his dream and asked him
to raise a temple known as Arulmigu Sulakkal Mariamman temple.
On Tuesdays & Fridays : 6:00 am to 8:00 pm
On all other weekdays: 6:00 am to 1:00 pm & 3:00pm to 8:00
Shree Velayudhaswamy Thirukoil - Senjarimalai
This temple was originally built by ‘Karikala Chola’
and renovated by Veerapallalai III dates back to 13th century.
A holy spring called ‘Gnanatheertha Sunai’ and a sacred
tree known as ‘Karunochi’ can be seen. Here, Lord
Muruga came to be worshipped as Manthragiri and Shree Velayudhaswamy.
Around 1200 years ago, temple for Lord Shiva has been raised here.
It is located 18 km away from Pollachi near Ramanamuthalipudur
village on the way between Annamalai and Sungam road. Ruined temple
and its pillars are undergoing reconstruction. Temple is surrounded
by its green valleys and river makes the place more beautiful.